Saturday, June 12, 2010

Trying little by little

Trying little by little to push my limits and improve myself. As someone who's never ever drawn cartoons before working for Kaman's, I feel this is such a great learning experience. My lines are still a bit blotchy and off, my coloring isn't as smooth to my liking, and my caricatures still need immense work, but I feel this blog will help me look back and see how much better I've gotten. Can't wait to see how I'll be a year from now.

So, the first caricature is of this brother and sister I drew yesterday. The little girl cried because I cracked a joke towards the very end saying that I drew her as the hulk. Woops. The parents and I immediately reassured her that she was a princess, and she was back to normal again. Second photo was an attempt to try to exaggerate Megan Fox. Don't ask me what's going on with the background... I don't know what I was thinking. But, eh, I'm somewhat pleased with how it turned out. Third picture is of one of my closest friends, Jesse. He's like family to me. I drew him as muscle man because I'm still trying to work on my bodies and make my lines smooth as well as being fast. Last, but not least, I drew my boyfriend Dan. Huhu. At first, I wanted his face to end with just his nose. For some reason, I felt the need to add his mouth, and then the rest of the body... let alone a background. I drew this pretty quickly, but gave myself a pat on the back for the result. Isn't 100% what I wanted it to turn out, but that's why it's good to learn. A bunch of kids commented on it as well saying it's funny. :) That's all for now, until next time. Ciao.




4 comments:

Marko Darko said...

haha love Dan's!

Anonymous said...

Making kids cry like that... what a meanie :(

Danny sketch is sweet. He grew gigantic and is trying to sell sketches outside KPT when the park is closed. Who's he hustling to?

Marko Darko said...

haha! I didnt see that, that's funny Blee!

Taylor S Smith said...

Dan cracks me up. haha, maybe he's talking to voice recordings at the Sky Cruiser.

About Me

My Photo
Natalie Farrell
http://natalie-farrell.com
View my complete profile

Description

I find everyone has their own artistic ability; whether it be general art, music, being a doctor, teaching, singing, an architect, car fanatic, chef, whatever have you. Everything you see is art.

natalie-farrell.com
writenatnow@gmail.com


Followers

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Map of Visitors