Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Caricatures, etc.

Never really kept up with this thing. Always looked at all my other friends blogs because they're so incredibly talented. Lots of inspiration comes from my friends in my work, mainly body wise. They've helped me learn to transform my drawings more "cartoony" as opposed to realism. As my 2nd year working at Legoland goes by, my main goal is to use 100% my mind rather than have something to look on. Being a visual person sucks. ;) Enough ranting, here's my work.


This is a caricature of Will Ferrell. I was actually pretty proud with how it turned out. I made his face a bit too skinny, but for someone who's only been in caricatures for only a year, I had to give myself a big pat on the back.


I drew one of my best pals, Danny, who is like a brother to me, and his wonderful girlfriend Laura. He loves to give that kind of expression, and Laura just has an all around bright smile.


Last but not least, I drew these 7 kids at Legoland just this past weekend. I was extra proud of it because it took me only 20 minutes. One of my biggest goals for this summer is to test my speed so I can get extra fast for that extra cash.

Thanks for checking it out. More work to come.

6 comments:

PoisonousMe said...

Awesome wonderwoman body! and that skater too! very original! huhu

SO JEALOUS of that line-up! good job, I see you're learning grasshopper ;)

Natalie Farrell said...

Huhu, I know, right? Totally jacked the wonder-woman/skater body from you. Going to try my best to use my own imagination at the park.

Ricardo Vsqz said...

Great stuff Nat. I've thought your stuff is great ever since you first started. U've been there longer, and have had experience, and have worked with the greats as Marko and Billy to have tightened those skills and increase them to another level. Keep it goin, and cant wait to see more.

-Ricardo

Natalie Farrell said...

Thanks, Ricardo. :) You're an inspiration too.

Ricardo Vsqz said...

(blushing)"Awe shucks!!":)

The Art of Daniel Lyons said...

I love how the third Lego head from the left is doing his taxes

About Me

My Photo
Natalie Farrell
http://natalie-farrell.com
View my complete profile

Description

I find everyone has their own artistic ability; whether it be general art, music, being a doctor, teaching, singing, an architect, car fanatic, chef, whatever have you. Everything you see is art.

natalie-farrell.com
writenatnow@gmail.com


Followers

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Map of Visitors