Sunday, September 4, 2011

New supplies calls for new art work

I had an great opportunity to go to Aaron Brother's for their major Labor Day weekend sale, and bought a mountain top of art supplies: New paints, brushes, canvases, prismacolor pencils, sketchbook, and prismacolor sketch pencils. With all that, I had a little fun.


This is a painting of a raven I did for my best friend, Shane. Three years ago, I painted a fast warmup painting of a raven (shown below) that I used for an art show I participated in at the Kava Lounge, and Shane really wanted something like that, except he wanted the background to be black and blued as opposed to the red. I originally was going to pretty much paint a duplicate of that, but instead I came up with wanting to add a tree, the moonlight and the bird flying. He was very pleased with the results. The choice of paints I used for the blue raven are oils, and the bottom raven I used acrylics. 

I suppose I was on a bird kick today because the following piece is what I did of a bald eagle. Oh man, these birds are INSANELY bad arse. I mean, I never KNEW they could prey on DEER. Check it out HERE. Yeah, crazy ridiculous, right? Awesome. Well, getting back to the point, I decide to draw this magnificent creature using my new prismacolor pencils on one of Dan's mat boards. Sorry, Dan... I had taken three about a month ago. But you have a GINORMOUS everlasting stack, so, I think you'll be okay. ;) Any how, it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to, well, at all more like... but I still enjoyed drawing and coloring this piece and was just having fun.



And last, but certainly not least, I HAD to use my freshly new sketchbook. Dan was on my mind, so I decided to draw him. I had searched his Facebook photos to find my "picture victim" and alas, he had a good one in his carving pumpkins album.



It has been a fun day. More projects to come. Thanks for stopping by. Ciao!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Natalie Farrell
http://natalie-farrell.com
View my complete profile

Description

I find everyone has their own artistic ability; whether it be general art, music, being a doctor, teaching, singing, an architect, car fanatic, chef, whatever have you. Everything you see is art.

natalie-farrell.com
writenatnow@gmail.com


Followers

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Map of Visitors