Monday, September 5, 2011

Moonlight Zen

One of my all time favorite beaches I love to go to by myself, or with friends, is Moonlight Beach. This special place is where I love to take walks, swim in the waves, lye out while blasting hard rock music or reggae through my headphones, whatever have you. For quite some time now I've always wanted to paint this beach, and finally I got the opportunity to today.



I did this painting off a picture I took on one of my walks. I used, of course, oils. One of my favorite things about oil paints is that when you mess up, you have plenty of time to fix it. The hard part is, it's a piece of work to get your paint brushes cleaned up. Well worth it, in the end. This painting took about 3 and hours to complete. I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome, although I'd like to learn more on how to make sand look more presentable and real so my next beach painting can turn out even better.



Here's a look at the picture I took as my reference. Thanks for reading. :)

1 comments:

Joshua said...

I think the man-made stuff sells the picture. Strong wood-work surrounded by the sublime and chaotic bits of nature. Like story-telling... you can talk about wind and surf and sand for pages but until you introduce some sort of human interaction... there is no plot or direction. Moonlight ftw Nat, nj.

About Me

My Photo
Natalie Farrell
http://natalie-farrell.com
View my complete profile

Description

I find everyone has their own artistic ability; whether it be general art, music, being a doctor, teaching, singing, an architect, car fanatic, chef, whatever have you. Everything you see is art.

natalie-farrell.com
writenatnow@gmail.com


Followers

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Map of Visitors