Sunday, June 5, 2011

Good morning, Oceanside Pier

Just a quick little warm up sketch when I woke up this morning. I looked outside and saw how beautiful it was here in San Diego. I truly do cherish my home. For my sketch, I wanted to originally draw one of my favorite beach spots: Moonligt Beach that's in my hometown of Encinitas, but I decided to go for the Oceanside Pier where it's one of my favorite spots to bike ride. You can't exactly bike ON the actual pier, but there's a boardwalk that's perfect for bike riding. For the sketch, I didn't use a ruler (as you can probably tell) and I tried to go as fast as possible. I wanted to let loose and go with it, just to see in the end how well I was able to capture the Oceanside Pier and warm up my sketching skills. Any way, here's the original sketch from this morning:



I then decided to try out my Photo App on my iPhone and came up with liking both these settings:












For my next project, I plan on painting a picture of moonlight beach using oils. I love the ocean, and I especially just love the atmosphere of the beach. It will be a fantastically fun project!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Natalie Farrell
http://natalie-farrell.com
View my complete profile

Description

I find everyone has their own artistic ability; whether it be general art, music, being a doctor, teaching, singing, an architect, car fanatic, chef, whatever have you. Everything you see is art.

natalie-farrell.com
writenatnow@gmail.com


Followers

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Map of Visitors